Jun 19, 2013

By the market square

Many of the old houses in the town center are either gone or going. Last October, I took some photos of one demolition process. Two old houses by the market square were demolished to make room for a new one.

The first photos are from October 19th, when I walked past the site and noticed that something was going on.




I went back on October 25th to see how things were progressing. The second house was still recognizable as a house, although the timber frame was all that was left of it.




A couple of days ago, I saw a newspaper article saying that the fence between the market square and the still empty plot would be left standing. I went back to see what, if anything, was going on in the plot. The billboard is still there, but there are no signs of any construction starting any time soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment